The Bleichart company, whose headquarters are in Leipzig, designed and made the facility using German technology.
The cabin and its route
- Longitudinal profile: 1,350 m
- Horizontal profile: 1,243 m
- Ascent: 544 m (from + 139 m to + 683 m)
- Angle of gradient of total route: 23° 38’
- Maximum angle of incline reached by the cabins on route: from 43° to 45°
- Number of supports or towers: 2
- Number of cabins: 2, each with capacity for 30+1 people
- Weight of each empty cabin: 2,175 kg.
- Weight of each cabin with full load: 4,900 kg.
– 1x 84 hp/730 rpm electric motor to power the main engine. This moves the cabins at a speed of 5 metres per second, covering the total route in 5 minutes 30 seconds.
– 1x 38 hp/725 rpm electric motor to power the auxiliary engine. This moves the cabins at a speed of 2 metres per second.
Both engines are completely independent.
– 1x 130 hp/1500 rpm diesel generator connected to the main bars of the building which provides electricity in event a power-cut. It can power the whole facility, apart from the electric motors mentioned above.
- 2 carrying cables of 59 mm in diameter with two tension cables of 75 mm in diameter
- 1 traction cable of 27 mm in diameter
- 1 counter cable of 21 mm in diameter with a tension cable of 38 mm in diameter
- 1 auxiliary cable of 22 mm in diameter with a tension cable of 38 mm in diameter
- 2×50,000 kg counterweights for the tension lines of the carrying cables.
- 1×7600 kg counterweight for the counter cable of the tension cable.
- 1 counterweight consisting of 2×5,000kg independent blocks for the tension cable of the relief cable.